Thursday, November 06, 2008

Metro Station



Metro Station and Me!
Dirty hot mess.




I just met the members of the band Metro Station. Now, again, my inner 13 year old girl has surfaced much to my embarrassment. I love their song “Shake It.” I bought it off iTunes when it was released. I have the CD. I usually throw it on to every CD mix that I burn. I L-O-V-E IT!

So naturally when I heard they were coming in…I was rather pumped. Heck ya. Awesome.

Well…all I can say is this. G to the R to the O to the S to the S. GROSS! Like make me vomit in my mouth type of gross.

First off they looked dirty. As in filthy dirty. As in critters crawling on them dirty. Ugh. Second they are completely unable to communicate other than in some weird grunts and groans. Third all they care about is the dirty hair. It was almost like a bizarre obsessive compulsive behavior. They kept pulling their hair down into their face over and over and over. Odd to say the least.

So I go back to do a photo and one of them shakes my hand. Ish. Then I get in the middle and we do a photo and I’m trying to make small talk with them and they just can’t really speak well. I told them how a lot of the fans that just left were really excited for the show tonight and things like that and they just slowly blinked at me. Then I said something about the girl who just left who’s world was rocked because her scarf matched one of the guy’s shirts. Turns it out was Trace Cyrus (yes, Miley Cyrus’ half brother) and I made a joke about it. No laughs. Nothing. I grabbed my camera and left.

I was back at my desk when they came through to leave. Then one by one they had to use the bathroom, so they lingered at my desk for awhile. I tried to do some more small talk but once again, nothing. Just more hair flipping and pulling and smoothing over their faces.

Then as they are walking out. Trace Cyrus walks past my desk and says “Nice to meet you brother.” What the hell? I tell you that Cyrus family is one hot mess. No two ways about that.

Shake it? No thanks. I’ll never “shake it” again.

(This was written on October 20.)

No comments: