Thursday, November 06, 2008

Natasha Bedingfield



Natasha Bedingfield and Me!
It's not a spot on my shirt, just a dumb reflection from the weird lights in studio. And yes, she was looking for a pocket full of sunshine. No lie.






Natasha Bedingfield was just in the studios to do a meet and greet with a few contest winners and I got to go in and listen to her sing a few of her hit songs. She is not only adorable but is also really funny. You would know her songs if you heard them. Some of her hit songs include “Love Like This”, “Unwritten”, “These Words”, “Pocket Full Of Sunshine”, and the new single “Angel”.

After the performance, which was great, I walked to up get a photo and for some reason I stood on the opposite side of her than everyone else had, then I wondered if I should switch sides. Not sure what to do, I just blurted out…

ME: (standing on her right side) Oh sorry, do you have a good side for the picture?
NATASHA: No, do you?
ME: Actually yes. (I switch sides with her. I’m now on her left side.)
NATASHA: Well, aren’t you just like Mariah Carey.
ME: You have no idea.
(She gets really close to me. REALLY CLOSE. Photo is taken.)
ME: (looking at her, pretending to be shocked and stepping back) Natasha did you just get frisky with me?
NATASHA: (laughing) Yes, I did.
ME: Oh yeah…I thought I felt your hand slip. I’ll see you up at the front desk.
NATASHA: You know…I used to be a receptionist.
ME: Really? So I can look forward to being an international rock star some day?
NATASHA: Yes. When I was a receptionist I was known to be the office flirt.
(People laugh and do the whole “Oh yeah” thing.)
ME: Same here.
NATASHA: You too?
ME: Oh yeah. I’m always “accidently” dropping pens…
BARB: Jason! GO! NOW!
ME: Thanks Natasha. It was great to meet you.
NATASHA: You too, Jason. Bye.

I’m pretty sure I was just hit on by an international pop star. I love my job.

(This post was written on October 21. And, yes, I am wearing a different colored polo shirt that the one in the Metro Station picture. Just looks the same due to the weird lights.)

No comments: