Saturday, February 16, 2008

Beautiful Day

I am exhausted. This entire day was spent walking. My legs hate me right now. HATE ME. I spent the day walking around the Minnesota Zoo with Isabella. She loves the zoo, as do I. It’s so much fun. I was disappointed though because the last two times I’ve been there the otters (which are my favorite) were sleeping, and once again…they were sleeping this time as well. Damn it. They have a new Minnesota trail open now which has raccoons, beavers, and a bald eagle among other animals. My dad would have gone ape shit for the bald eagle. He goes crazy for them. When we are driving somewhere he gets all excited when he spots an eagle flying. More than a few times he’s tried to take pictures of them which only turns out to be a little brown spec on a blue backdrop. Isabella could have cared less about the eagle, but she was a little freaked out by the owl. I don’t know where her fear of owls comes from, but she gets tense around them big time. In a way it’s sad, but in a way it’s hilarious. Evil I know.

After the zoo we headed over to the Mall of America. They were having the “2008 Knit Off”. All these ladies were frantically knitting when the Emcee yelled “go” and their families were cheering. It was bizarre. Very bizarre. All you could hear was the clacking of the knitting needles at a frantic pace. One woman collapsed and was surrounded by EMT’s. Apparently the slip-stitch was just too much for her to take. The place was packed, so I quickly lost interest in the mall.

It was a good day. On the car ride home Isabella looked at me and said that she had a beautiful day. Ahh, the little moments. Enjoy them while you can.

No comments: