Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Worst. Mood. Ever.

I am in worst mood ever. I’m beyond crabby. My attitude is just foul. No lie. People are just making me completely crazy lately. Tick, tick, boom. I’m going to explode if one more stupid person asks me one more stupid question about one more stupid situation that I don’t care about. Ugh. Today is a bad day to be a receptionist.

Anyway…it’s been a couple of days since I last blogged…so here is a recap of the weekend.

The show on Friday night went well. It was good, honest. We were all a little tired given the fact that it was at midnight, but hey, such is life. The audience seemed to enjoy it a great deal, so that was nice. I have Six Ring again tonight. God I hope I’m in a better mood. Cross your fingers everyone otherwise I will be one hell of a crabby improviser.

On Saturday Melissa and Isabella came down and we went to the Kidz Bop concert at the Target Center. Isabella had a blast. She responds like crazy to music. She loves it. She dances, claps, sings, yells, hollers, and jumps like crazy. Melissa and I did the heavy metal symbol with our hands…devil horns or whatever it’s called, and Isabella looked at us and stuck her hands up in the air holding up her three fingers like she does when she is asked how old she is. She tried to get it right, but just couldn’t quite to do it. It was absolutely hilarious. She would yell and clap in-between the songs and eventually she had to make her way out into the aisle so she had more room to dance. With each passing day she cracks me up more and more. That little girl is quite a firecracker. No doubt about it.

Sunday was a pretty low key day…just did laundry and cleaned the apartment. The weather was terrible again…cold and windy and cloudy. Soon the winter blues will be upon us. Just a few more weeks. Usually fall is my favorite time of the year. I love the brisk air, the changing leaves on the trees, the Halloween decorations. I love it all. But, so far this fall has been terrible weather wise. Too much rain…not enough sun. It’s been hard to do anything outside other than run from the car to the building because of a rainstorm.

Yesterday was a tough day. I went to a funeral. My friend Mary’s dad passed away. She was really close to her dad. Her pain is pretty deep. I know it all too well since I lost my mom a couple of years ago. The funeral was sad. You could tell he was a great guy and that he will be missed by many. This was the third funeral I’ve been to in the past two months. Enough is enough. I want to get together with people for a happy occasion for a change of pace.

Last night I watched the DVD promo of the ABC TV show “Samantha Who?”. WOW. It is a riot. It’s really, really smart and funny and clever. I would recommend watching it definitely. I missed the regular airing of it, but figured it was no big deal since I have the DVD. But…I won’t miss it again. I laughed out loud more than a few times which is really rare for me. Christina Applegate is brilliant in it (I’m not even a huge fan of her but I can’t deny the girl has pluck in this series) and the two women that play her friends are amazing. If you get a chance watch the show. I bet you will love it. God knows I do.

There it is…my exciting weekend in a nutshell. A concert, some cleaning, and a funeral. Just like the movies.

Today I got some good news though. My show “Last Laugh” is coming back for a one night gig in December at Bryant Lake Bowl and in the upcoming new year it will hopefully be added to the calendar as a regular monthly gig. That’s pretty cool. It’s all gotta start somewhere…right?

No comments: