Friday, October 19, 2007

Midnight? On Stage? For real?

Tonight I have to perform at Six Ring Circus as part of the special Friday Night Midnight Show. For real? I am dead beat tired. I can hardly stay awake. I have no idea how I am going to make it through the show, much less have it be funny or interesting.

Our show on Tuesday was horrible. Truly terrible. I did not jump into any the scenes until the end when I got pulled into one because it was such a mess that I didn’t want to add to the crapfest that was taking place. I have never been so embarrassed to be on stage before in my entire life. I wanted to actually apologize to the audience for what they had to sit through.

Our team has some wildly talented people on it, so talent really isn’t the issue. The issue is more that of connecting and becoming a team rather than individual players dancing in the spotlight.

I hope tonight goes well. I just don’t have the energy or strength to endure yet another bad show and stay up all freakin’ night to do it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I was not there but I accept you apologize:-)