Friday, September 07, 2007

Last Laugh

Tonight I had my show. I was one of five performers in “Last Laugh: An Evening of Improv and Stand Up Comedy.” It went really well. I am very happy with my performance. Normally I am beyond nervous when I perform, but I think doing the improv with the group at the start of the show really relaxed me a great deal and allowed me to be very comfortable onstage. There were no nerves, no jitters, and no anxiety. It was good. Really good.

It was fantastic to be up there and have all the planets align and have everything work. Every joke hit. All the transitions were smooth. The pacing and rhythm flowed well. It was a nice victory after the debacle of the fundraiser for the Girl Scout Troop. That was bad. Really bad. I still have the scars.

The audience was small but really laughed a lot and was very responsive. Everything just clicked. Five of my co-workers were there cheering me on, so that was nice of them. I guess I won’t “accidentally lose” any of their mail this week. Fair is fair…I guess.

So if you are around the Twin Cities and want to see a really funny show…come on down to the Bryant Lake Bowl on Friday nights for the month and see me in action. And by action I mean standing up on stage making people laugh. Not that other kind of action…although it might be just as funny…and emotionally scarring.

No comments: