Saturday, September 08, 2007

How To Build A Time Machine by Darren Hayes

saturday morning
a funeral for a friend’s mom
who was taken way too soon
as they all are it seems
nowadays

driving in my car
mind racing
faster than the posted speed limit
thinking of my own mom
and how long it has been

spirit crushed
as i long for just
one
more
conversation

in the car
darren hayes sings
“how to build a time machine”
i love this song and this cd
and i want to meet him someday

darren hayes
former lead singer of savage garden
lost on his path and now found
the journey is the destination
he sings full of sadness and truth…

All the things I've lost
All the people I've hurt
All the times I lied
All the moments wasted
All I never did
All the dreams I had
All the things
I would change
I can change them

All the things I've lost
All the people
I've hurt
All the times I lied
All the moments wasted

I'm gonna make right
What I did wrong
And change how the future has come
Through appliance of science
I'll take a hold of my enemies
Take their obscenities
Kiss them, and leave them like lovers who've gone
I'll call my dad
I'll tell him I miss him
And tell my reflection: 'it's not your fault'
And now the moment has come
I'm traveling back in time

as the song plays
the soundtrack for the day
a hearse passes me on the right
i glance over
just another odd coincidence

this moment
beyond dramatic
yet true
more fitting for a large screen
in a darkened theatre than real life

one could not write this scene
no matter how hard they tried
emotions unfolding
raw and honest
envelope please…and the oscar goes to…

No comments: