Sunday, September 09, 2007

Gimme More

It’s Britney, Bitch.

And so began the night at the Mtv Video Music Awards. WOW. Talk about a train wreck. You know, I actually feel some sympathy for the poor gal. I don’t recall in the history of pop culture such a brilliant downward spiral as Britney Spears epic fall from grace. This former child star was on top of the world and now she is the punchline for every comic across the nation and possibly the world.

Britney was given the chance of a lifetime…a brilliant comeback to win back her fans and silence her critics. Instead she was a mess. She stopped lip-syncing, she gave up dancing, and she seemed bored.

I was rooting for you Brit…I really was. No one loves a comeback more than me. A giant hand in the air, finger flying F U to all those that said it couldn’t be done. That is what I wanted. That is not what I got. Instead we took another plunge down the slippery slope.

Still…I do enjoy the song “Gimme More”. It’s catchy, it’s fun, and it’s memorable. All hope is not lost….yet. That final judgment will come when her album is released on November 13th.

So come on Brit…give us more. Give us more of an effort. Give us more of a reason to believe. Give us more of a reason to care.

Gimme more.

You're gonna have to remove me
Cause I ain't goin' nowhere.

No comments: