Wednesday, September 26, 2007

and i sing loud

Six Ring Circus was a riot. I ended up doing two sets. The first set was with my team which was a regular montage. We did well. The energy was high and the audience seemed to enjoy it. The second set was with my Music Improv Performance Class. We nailed it. It was hilarious! I can’t sing a note but I think that musical improv is my favorite style of them all. It is so much fun. The music and singing just brings it to such a whole new level. It really raises the stakes quite a bit. It doesn’t matter if you are a gifted singer or not…it is all about committing. And let me tell you this…I committed the hell out of it. I sang loud and with energy and was pretty much fearless. In the first scene I was Benjamin Franklin and my partner was Thomas Jefferson and we were writing The Declaration of Independence. In which I came up with a pretty funny line which was “I always hoped that if I had to lead the country, I would lead it with you.” In another scene I was a office manager who was trying to get a co-worker to ditch his cling on girlfriend because she kept coming to work with him. Very funny stuff.

We all kicked ass! I will miss that class a great deal. I might even take it again. How crazy is that? That is me…living on the edge.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you were indeed hilarious. i loved how you blanked out when you had to come up with another person who signed the declaration of independence..... so you just smiled. ha!