Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Sinead O'Connor - 09/24/07

sinead o’connor
in concert
a vocal force of nature
rage hope sorrow joy
such a huge voice
for such a small person

sitting there at pantages
waiting for her to take the stage
talking with bernie
about life
and what is
and what isn’t

looking around it hits home
i’m tired of being single
being alone
life would be better
if it was shared
and not retold

sadly
i don’t know if
love
is in the cards
for me or not
during this lifetime

maybe
i just haven’t
found
the one
because i was unable to love
or be loved

or even worse
maybe
i’ve passed by
the one
unnoticed
or unaware

they say
you will find it
when you stop looking
or when you are ready
but maybe
it’s not meant to be

the lights dim
small and frail and powerful
sinead walks
center stage
the applause is
fast and furious and thundering

Whatever it may bring
I will live by my own policies
I will sleep with a clear conscience
I will sleep in peace
Maybe it sounds mean
But I really don't think so
You asked for the truth and I told you

No comments: