Wednesday, August 22, 2007

reactions

Once again I was up off and on all freakin’ night. I woke up around 2 AM with night sweats. Third night in a row. I’m now officially out of clean bedsheets. Tonight after work I will be doing laundry since my sheets are now all dirty. Nothing grosses me out more than night sweats. The fun never ends.

I took my pill this morning at work and had a bizarre reaction. My skin turned a bright red and got really hot. And by hot I mean HOT. My arms were just radiating heat. I was like that guy on NBC’s “Heroes” that would get all hot and nuclear and finally combust. I almost exploded I was so hot. Spontaneous combustion people…do you hear me? What the hell is that about? Is it possible to have an allergic reaction to a medication after you’ve already been on it for 5 days?

I am starting to think I really might be dying. It just might be true.

Last night I started watching “Ugly Betty: Season 1”on DVD. I am so glad that they are releasing TV shows on DVD now after the season is done. I missed so many of the regular episodes that I figured I would just wait and watch them all at once. Smart thinking. I watched the first two episodes last night and I loved them. It’s such a great show. Vanessa Williams is fantastic. I cannot wait to go home tonight and watch some more. I am hoping to squeeze in two, maybe three, episodes.

Speaking of “Ugly Betty” have you heard the new promos for the show? Mika re-worked his song “Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)” to “Hey Betty (You Are Beautiful)” and it’s great. Check it out on YouTube if you haven’t seen or heard it yet. Pretty cool.

Now for disappointing news…I heard the new Madonna song that leaked today. Oh Lord. After being a die hard fan since the beginning. Yes, the very beginning. I was probably the only boy in the third grade singing “Lucky Star”, but I didn’t care. She rocked my world from day one. I am now starting to have my first doubts. Our relationship has hit it’s first bump in the road. She has gone all urban and R&B and it is not pretty. The song was produced with Pharrell and it sounds like a really bad Gwen Stefani knock off. I am praying that the rest of the album isn’t going to sound the same when it’s released this coming fall. I’d cross my fingers, but it is hard to type like that. It’s a bitter pill after the greatness that was “Confessions on the Dancefloor” which was produced by Stuart Price. The good news is that Stuart is producing Seal’s new album which will be released this fall as well. Now there is something to look forward to.

Well…time to go. If I don’t post tomorrow…please panic. The pills probably did kill me. Now that I think about it…maybe it’s the pills that are causing me to doubt Madonna. These pills are going to be my undoing yet.

No comments: