Monday, August 20, 2007

James Blunt

James Blunt was in the office this morning and it was complete and total chaos. C-H-A-O-S! People were trying to sneak in to see him like crazy. My favorite moment was a power struggle with a guy who sort of works for the station and Francie, the executive assistant to the general manager, which resulted in a pretty good smack down. Today’s lesson learned was that you don’t mess with Francie.

I’m not a fan or anything of James so I have trouble wrapping my brain around the cult of celebrity surrounding him, but let me tell you…this guy has some crazy fans. It was wacko crowd patrol all morning.

When he arrived I was surprised how small he is. He’s a little guy. Not as tiny as Kenny Chesney, but small nonetheless. He was quiet and quickly went to the studio performance space.

It is always interesting to see how celebrities carry themselves when they come into the studio. Some are really outgoing and friendly (Jessica Simpson), some are really egotistical (P.Diddy/Puff Daddy/Sean Combs), and others just kind of slip in and out without much fanfare like James Blunt today.

On his way out, he did stop at my desk and say “Cheers.” For a minute I thought of singing the chorus of “You’re Beautiful” but decided against it at the last minute. He doesn’t seem to be the sort to appreciate the humor in it….and I don’t feel like getting fired today.

You're beautiful. You're beautiful.
You're beautiful, it's true.
I saw you face in a crowded place,
And I don't know what to do, '
Cause I'll never be with you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lol thats funny...