Tuesday, June 07, 2005

"How's your mom doing?"

Tonight after rehearsal a cast member of the show I am directing asked me how my mom was doing. I just stopped for a moment and thought to myself “is this really happening again”. After a moment I said that she passed away in April. She was quiet and said that she was really sorry. I told her it was ok and not to worry about it. I know she meant no harm and was being sincere. But, how many times is this going to happen? How is it even possible at this point to know me personally and not know that my mom has passed away? I just don’t get it. I really don’t.

Life continues in the twilight zone, it just gets weirder and weirder.

2 comments:

A Flowered Purse said...

I am so sorry that happened. Hopefully now, everyone knows so you won't have to go through that again.
Hugs
Dianna

Anonymous said...

Its been over 7 yrs & some folks still have no idea my dad passed. It's actually much easier to hear so long after than when it was closer to his passing.

Doing the everyday things & continually moving forward while keeping good memories with me was what helped me most. And then hearing something like that only makes me think of the good memories & therefore happy to think about him & not sad. You'll get there, Schoms.