Friday, June 27, 2008

Meeting Jessica Simpson Again.

Jessica Simpson came into the K102 studios on Monday to do some promotion for her new country album. I love Jessica. I have all her albums and I even have Newlywed’s on DVD. Yes, I am a fan. I can say it loud and proud!

Mary and I waited downstairs for her. After standing there for a few minutes, they arrived and it was difficult for me to contain my excitement. One of two things happen when I meet someone famous…either I get really giddy and say something incredibly stupid or I get really wide-eyed and quiet. This time I was quiet. Mary and I greeted them and did quick introductions. Jessica gave me a hug. Yes, you read that right…I got a hug from Jessica Simpson. I’ll give you all a moment to stew in your jealousy.

*Sits and hums “Come on Over” (the new Jessica Simpson single).*

Ok…ready to hear the rest of the story?

So we hop into the elevator and shoot up to our floor. We head down to the studio and I get to sit in and listen to the interview (which can be heard on the K102 website) and it’s good. The interview covers topics all over the map ranging from the new album, the “9 to 5” ordeal, to the tabloid rumors, and mosquitoes. Unfortunately, I had to head back downstairs because of a meeting. I hate it when work gets in the way of hanging out with famous people. Ugh.

After a little bit, Mary calls and tells me to come back up if I want to have a picture taken with Jessica. So I grab my camera and fly back upstairs. Who doesn’t want their picture taken with Jessica? Uhhh…no one...that’s who. Now, the last time she was here two years ago I had my picture taken with her, and yes – truth be told, it was my screen saver on my computer for months. I printed out the photo as an 8 x 10 and brought it along with me for her to autograph. Smart, I know.

I get up to the production studio and I hear music being played really loud. So I stand by the door for a moment and then Mary opens the doors tells me to come in. Here they are listening to her new album that doesn’t come out until September. Are you kidding me? I’m in a private listening party for Jessica Simpson? It’s just her, her friend, the record label rep., our program director, Mary, and myself. Unreal. Jessica is sitting there singing along to the CD and everyone is just listening and enjoying it. It sounds really great. It’s going to be an amazing album. She is the new Shania Twain…easily. It’s going to be a huge album.

So now it’s time for her to go and I tell her about how she was here the last time and we took a photo and ask her if she will sign it. She says of course she will sign it. As I’m pulling out the picture from the folder I look at her and say “Ok, be warned. We are really cute in this picture.” She looks at me and then looks at the picture and says “Wow! We are really cute!” And we talk about her hair and I told her that it doesn’t matter because she always looks good and we laugh. We laugh like we’ve been friends for years.

Finally she stands next to me to take a new picture. Then her friend says to hold on a minute because her bra is showing. I look at her and say “Well you gotta fix that because this ain’t that kind of photo.” We laugh some more and take the picture. It turned out pretty good. I have to get it printed yet…maybe tonight. Then Mary says that the next time she comes back she will have to sign that one as well. Jessica agreed. Awesome.

Then as we were all leaving I quickly said my good bye and she said it was nice to see me again. She is so nice. I “heart” Jessica Simpson. I don’t care what anyone says about her. She is seriously a riot. Crazy but true.

No comments: