Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Winter's Last Stand

Winter has made it’s last stand. Overnight we got a bunch of snow and I woke up this morning to a winter wonderland. I’m not happy about it, but I’m also not suicidal since it’s rather pretty. It’s the kind snow that sticks to every little branch of a tree, to the street signs, and to lampposts. This is the kind of snow I love to look at. But, honestly…I am so tired of winter. This winter seems to be never ending. A couple of days ago everything felt like spring. The sun was out, the snow was melting leaving and giving us the first peeks at the grass that hasn’t been seen in months, and you could go outside without your heavy winter coat. Now it feels like it was all just a dream.

Winter just drains me. I need to move somewhere that doesn’t really have a winter. I enjoy spring, summer, and fall. But winter…not at all. I wonder where that place exists? The land with no winter. That sounds like a movie. Now that sounds like a dream come true. But, I do love snow on Christmas and only Christmas. It can snow on the day before Christmas Eve and then melt on the day after Christmas. That would be perfect. Christmas wouldn’t seem right without snow. The thought of Christmas in Florida seems bizarre to me. Blinking lights on a palm tree. Weird.

Anyways…this is a longest day ever. I’m going to lose my mind. I am so bored. I have some work I should do but it’s hard to get motivated. My ambition is frozen. Just like the world I live in.

1 comment:

Michael said...

Jason... I'm losing my mind. It's not nice enough to scooter. I hate my desk job. I'm not using my talents... No motivation seems to be going around.

Hang in there friend...

Michael