Thursday, January 24, 2008

Gross Moment

Saturday was laundry day. I had just dumped out my freshly cleaned clothes from the basket onto my bed. I was picking through the pile and folding them while watching TV. I reached into the pile and pulled out a pair of black boxer brief underwear. Ummm…one small problem. I don’t wear black boxer briefs. GROSS! Someone’s underwear got mixed into my clothes in the laundry room. AAAGGGHHH! I suspect it was left behind in the dryer since I didn’t see it when I took my clothes out of the washer. Rude.

So I stood there thinking what am I gonna do with the underwear that clearly belongs to one of my neighbors. I thought well I could just throw them away and pretend it never happened. But, then I thought well that’s a not very neighborly thing to do. So I decided to just put them back into the laundry room and hopefully the owner of the underpants sees them and is like “Sweet. That’s my underwear” and takes them home. And we all pretend it never happened. The problem is that every time I’ve gone down to the laundry room there has been someone in there. I’m not going to leave them there with someone in there. I’d look freakin crazy. Or with my luck, rumors would start that I’m some sicko underwear thief returning to the scene of the crime. So now this stranger’s pair of underwear has been sitting on a box in my living room for the past 5 days like a bizarre trophy. Nothing is every easy. I’m just going to go and throw them away tonight when I get home. I’m down with the whole thing. I tried, I failed, I’m done. I’m a bad neighbor.

No comments: