Monday, January 07, 2008

Elevator Out Of Order: Part One. A Day of Reckoning!


Upon leaving work on Wednesday, January 2, 2008 we were met with this ugly little sign that was posted on the elevators at work for the parking ramp. Now there were no other signs on display about this cruel twist of fate, no warning when we came into work that morning and parked in the great heights of the parking ramp, no nothing...just this little "you're screwed" piece of paper tacked up with scotch tape. (By the way...check the date on the note. Clearly the elevator should have been fixed by now or at least a new note with updated information.)


On Level 8 I wanted to die. I think I need to start making more healthy choices in my life. The air was starting to thin a little bit and my vision started to fade some.


Right when I was about to give up all hope and just sit down and wait to die Jamie and George came along on Level 10 to light the flame in me to keep fighting and to keep pushing on. Sadly we would not all make it to our desintation. Someone would be lost along the way.


I fell behind as we neared Level 12 and was left for dead. Would my cries for help be heard? Or would I be lost forever?

STAY TUNED....

No comments: