Friday, September 21, 2007

Storms and Hookers and a Show...Oh My!

Another night...another show. I hope it goes well. There really is nothing worse than a show that bombs. It's terrible. It feels like a slow death. Much like a wounded animal that just keeps gimping along the highway until it finally just gets hit by another car and floats off to animal heaven. It's brutal. The worst part is that you know you could have done much better. That's the worst feeling. I have a lot of guilt when a show doesn't go well. I know I've let the audience down and it's horrible. Last week's show wasn't "terrible", but it was far from awesome. I have my fingers crossed for tonight. Wish me luck...err...broken legs, I guess.

Speaking of shows...I watched "Last Comic Standing" on Wednesday. What a load of crap that was. I cannot believe that the Jeff Foxworthy wanna-be comic won! I was furious. Outraged I tell you! Lavell was robbed. It was like watching Season 1 all over again when Ralphie was robbed of the title by Dat Phan. Where is Dat anyways...has anyone ever heard from him again? Nope. So good luck Mr. Foxworthy Wanna-be. Pathetic.

I moved some boxes to my new apartment this afternoon over lunch. Cripes it was muggy. WOW. Hard to believe it's the end of September. It felt like July. I am pretty excited to move. The apartment is much bigger and in better shape than the dive I am living in now.

So I ended up talking to my caretaker last night when I got home. He was outside in the parking lot watching it hail, thunder, and lightning like crazy. Why do people do that? We were in a tornado warning and people were being told to head for cover but he and some other crazies from my building were standing outside watching the storm pound us. He's lucky he didn't get a concussion from the hail. Anyways, he told me that the woman they showed my apartment to last week was a hooker. I just looked at him in disbelief. They showed my apartment to a hooker. She better not have sat on anything in my apartment. Ick. I was so grossed out I cannot even begin to explain it.

Again...just another day in my life. Jealous?

No comments: