Friday, September 28, 2007

rehab

Well…it’s official. I think it’s time to go to rehab. Move over Lindsey Lohan, Britney Spears, and Amy Winehouse….Jason’s comin!

I called yesterday to get a refill on my cough medicine. It turns out there wasn’t a refill for it. I was convinced there was, so I dug out the bottle and looked it over. I just about fell off my chair when I saw that I was only supposed to be taking 3 pills a day. I had been taking around 6 pills a day. I had the directions mixed up with my inhaler. Dammit! No wonder I went through them so quick! So I had to tell them that I lost the pills when I moved so I could get a refill. Unbelievable. The pharmacy had to call the doctor and verify the prescription request. Thank God he approved it otherwise I would be surfing the underground drug ring right now to get my hands on those little yellow pills. It’s a dirty world, but I would have done it. I would let them harvest a kidney in a dark alley from me if I could get rid of this damn cough.

But, now it makes perfect sense why I’ve been in such a fog the past couple of weeks. I haven’t been able to concentrate on anything at all. Mid conversation I would draw a blank and look around and try to figure out what the hell I was saying and try to remember who I was talking to. I would answer the phone and have no clue if it was morning or afternoon. I would forget things like my wallet or phone. I thought my name was Consuela. Ok, maybe not that bad, but it was pretty bizarre to say the least.

Last night I went to bed without my pills and I woke up this morning clear headed. It was a nice change of pace. Sobriety does have it’s perks. Who knew? But, I am still coughing like crazy. So I went back to Target today over my lunch hour to get my pills. I promise this time to only take the recommended dosage and not eat them like Skittles.

I promise. I can be trusted. I really can. Now hand me a glass of water…I got some pills to take!

No comments: