Friday, August 03, 2007

The Years Go By...

Tonight is my 15 year class reunion. I cannot believe I just typed those words. Little Falls Community High School Class of 1992. Go Flyers! Where did the time go? 15 years ago I was wearing a purple graduation cap and gown. I was sitting in the middle of the Flyer Field on a really hot day listening to some speakers give advice on how to live the rest of our lives. I don’t remember a word they said. Clearly they were captivating speakers who deeply influenced my future. On one hand it feels like yesterday, on the other if feels like ten lifetimes ago.

So I am totally and completely sitting on the fence about attending. I don’t have overly fond memories of high school. It wasn’t terrible, but it wasn’t great either. I am not one of those people who looks back at those years and thing they were the best of my entire life. But, I am also not one of those people that has yearbook photos with pins sticking out of people’s eyes (although I should be). Truth be told, most of my friends are either a year older or a year younger than me. I don’t know most of my classmates. I stopped by our 10 year reunion and I was shocked to see just how few names of people I did remember. I was lost in a sea of strangers. I only stayed for half an hour.

Do I go?

Do I skip it?

Tough call. On one hand I do want to see how people turned out. Who got fat? Who got skinny? Who is miserable? Who is happy? Who got married? Who is divorced? Who is a raging tramp? Who found Jesus? Who is an exotic dancer at the strip club down the highway? Who’s been in jail or prison? So many questions that do beg to be answered.

15 years. Cripes.

No comments: