Friday, August 24, 2007

Odds & Ends

* I am feeling so much better today. About damn time. You know…if they would have just given me antibiotics when this whole mess started I would not have been miserable for weeks. Aaagghhh. But, at least it’s hopefully over now. Like I said…I feel light years better than a couple of days ago.

* I am starting to get a little nervous about the new stand up comedy show. I am working on new material but I don’t feel funny so it is hard to judge it. I suppose I will find out once I am on stage and people are either laughing or booing. Ah, life on the edge.

* Last night I had the time of my life in my music improv class. God it was fun! I am not a singer but I have a riot so I don’t care. If you can, come and see the performance. Last night we had the do the blues. It’s tough. We had only a few seconds to come up with a three line verse that rhymes. Here was mine…keep in mind I only had a few moments to do it. The theme was “camping”.

“looking at all these maps, I haven’t got a clue.
The sky is gray, shouldn’t it be a bright blue?
It don’t matter, I guess. I’m just a fat man in a canoe”

Thank you…thank you.

* I am debating about buying a video recorder. I think it would be a good thing to have around. Then I could tape my shows and whatnot and post them. Maybe make a couple of videos at work about the crazy things that happen with the crazy people in this crazy industry. There is a lot of crazy…trust me. Do you think people would watch? I do. My friend Becca always says that if I had a video crew following me I would have a hit show on Bravo easily. She is right. I do find myself in the most bizarre situations by accident all the time. You honestly can’t make it up.

* I cannot stop listening to Darren Hayes’ new album “This Delicate Thing We’ve Made.” It is such a great album. Very unconventional pop music. Love it. My favorite track so far is “How To Build A Time Machine.” Sounds like 1980’s Kate Bush. Check it out.

* I am moving in September. I signed the lease on Tuesday. I am looking forward to moving a great deal. I cannot wait. It’s 300 more square feet and will only cost me $5 more a month and is less than 3 miles from work. Pretty sweet. I have grown tired of living in Loring Park. After awhile the hustlers, drug sellers, prostitutes, and random wackos on the street start to get old. The novelty has worn off after a year. I am done. Good by downtown, hello suburbs! I am moving to a deluxe apartment in the sky. Cue: The Jefferson’s Theme Song.

* I need to clean this weekend. My apartment is dirty. DIRTY. This morning while getting ready for work I discovered two different life forms that did not look like anything that was from this planet. Rude. So my exciting weekend will be revolving around rubber gloves, Lysol and my “Ugly Betty” DVDS. Anyone wanna come over for the fun? Just let me know.

* I got $40 is my Discover Card Cash Back Awards today. I only had to spend about fifty thousand dollars to get it, but whatever. How funny is that? Go into debt to get $40. Hummm…

* Well, my leg has fallen asleep. Time to move. Over and out.

No comments: