Sunday, July 17, 2005

three months

Today marks three months since my mom’s death. Three months. Hard to believe. I spent a lot of time at the cemetery last week. Just sitting and thinking. I still think of her every day. I still miss her every day. I still cry every day.

I bought the cemetery plot next to her. I now have my final resting place in this world. It is kind of strange to know that no matter what happens in this life and where I go and what I do I know exactly where I will end up at some point.

I am so tired but I don’t want to go to bed. Tomorrow is my birthday. I turn 31 tomorrow. When I wake up I will have my first birthday without my mom. The past 30 birthdays were spent with her in some capacity. I think I will get a cake and go out to the cemetery.

Three months and it is not getting easier yet. I am starting to doubt it ever will.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy birthday, my friend.

A Flowered Purse said...

Happy Birthday Jason!!!!!!!!!

Melzie said...

Aw Happy Birthday for what its worth. And you share a birthday with MY mom. ((hugs)) melzie

Cindy said...

Happy birthday Jason, even if I'm a little late.