Saturday, June 25, 2005

Hindsight 20/20

A year ago today I was laid off from my job. At the time it was a horrible thing to happen. I was in a state of shock. Even though I was laid off, I felt like I was being fired. I had never been fired from a job in my life. I could not believe it. My mom had been diagnosed with cancer five months prior and now I was losing my job. In my mind 2004 was the worst year ever.

Hindsight is 20/20.

Now, I realize it was the best thing to happen to me. That weekend I pretty much unofficially moved home even though I still had my apartment in the cities. Everything truly does happen for a reason. My being laid off gave me time to return home and be with my mom for her last 10 months of life on this Earth. Had I known her time was so limited, I would have quit my job and returned home the day she was diagnosed. We all thought the cancer could be beat. We were all wrong. We were all wrong on so many things. 2005 is the worst year ever. It is the year my mom died.

No comments: