Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Twilight Zone

I feel like I am living in the Twilight Zone. I really do.

When my mom died, I was in the darkest depths of despair and rage and anguish and pain. When my mom died, I hurt so bad I could not even breathe. When my mom died, I did not think I could go another minute. When my mom died, I was careening out of control down a downward spiral. When my mom died, I was suffering…and everyone told me it would get better. I was told the sun would come out again. I was told that the pain would be less raw. I was told that I would find happiness in life. I was told time heals all wounds. I was told…

That was then…this is now…

Today I was having a pretty good day. Finally. A day where I was not consumed with the endless train of “what ifs”? A day where I was not overwhelmed by everything that has happened. A day where I was not laying in a pile on the floor. It was a day where I ran my errands and was actually able to cross things off the list. It was a day where I made progress on my projects. It was a day where I was able to get through without crying at the drop of a hat. It was a day where I was able to remember the good times I have had with my mom without the images of her death hanging over my head. When I am finally able to function in a normal capacity again I am told that there will be dark days ahead. No lie. At the grocery store today I ran into two people I know. Two long conversations in the aisles as strangers whisked by with their carts, living their own lives. I was asked how I was doing. I said that for the most part, I am having a pretty good day for the first time since my mom died. The just looked at me and shook their head. Then they spoke. I was told that there will be many times when I will miss my mom so much it will be unbearable. I was told that it will be the hardest when I start to think of all the things she is missing in our lives. I was told that there will be days where I will cry because I just want to hear her voice again. I was told that there will be many dark days ahead. I was told...

I left the grocery store bewildered.

I then went to the cemetery to visit my mom’s grave. I talked to her for awhile. I cried for awhile. I laughed for awhile. Life is truly bizarre. As I said goodbye, I thanked her for leaving me here with all these lunatics.

Life in the Twilight Zone.

1 comment:

A Flowered Purse said...

Here is a song left to my by my fiance who died of cancer. It helps me alot. Its a great song. Maybe it will help you too.

Queensryche Silent Lucidity
Hush now don’t cry
Wipe away the teardrop from your eye
You’re lying safe in bed
It was all a bad dream
Spinning in your head
Your mind tricked you to feel the pain
Of someone close to you leaving the game of life
So here it is, another chance
Wide awake you face the day
Your dream is over...or has it just begun?

There’s a place I like to hide
A doorway that I run to in the night
Relax child, you were there
But only didn’t realize it and you were scared
It’s a place where you will learn
To face your fears, retrace the tears
And ride the whims of your mind
Commanding in another world
Suddenly, you hear and see
This magic new dimension

Chorus
I-will be watching over you
I-am gonna help you see it through
I-will protect you in the night
I-am smiling next to you...in silent lucidity

If you open your mind for me
You won’t rely on open eyes to see
The walls you built within
Come tumblng down, and a new world will begin
Living twice at once you learn
Youre safe froom pain in the dream domain
A soul set free to fly
A round trip journey in your head
Master of illusion, can you realize
Your dream’s alive, you can be the guide but...