Monday, November 05, 2007

First Snow Flakes

This morning we had the first snow flakes of the season. Ugh. Once it starts there is no turning back. I cannot believe how quickly this year has gone. It’s a blur…really, truly, completely. Whoosh, it’s almost gone.

The time change this weekend is kicking my ass. It’s amazing how much of a change just an hour is. While it was fantastic to sleep for an extra hour the downside is clearly that it’s dark out so early now. It’s already black out and I haven’t even left work yet. Winter is always a tough one for me. I wonder if I have that season mood disorder. I am already barking at work that I need sun lamps for my desk area.

It was a fun weekend…I had a blast with Isabella. We went to “The Bee Movie”. Too much buzz I think. Amusing at best. Even she was a little bored with it. Plus, I think Jerry Seinfeld has one of the most irritating voices in showbiz. Listening to him for 90 minutes was more than plenty.

“Desperate Housewives” was awesome last night. I love that freakin’ show. I cannot believe it’s the fourth season already. I have never missed an episode. I look forward to Sunday nights all week. But then reality usually sets in as the show ends and I realize that in the morning it will be Monday. Lordy do I hate Mondays. Isn’t that a song? I should play it at work. I think it would send a clear message to my co-workers and crazy listeners that wander in.

I am losing my voice big time. I can hardly talk. It’s been a rough day at work. My boss told me no joking around today and that I need to save my voice. Huh. After 8 hours of being the receptionist I don’t think joking around is going to be the make or break factor in my voice. It’s weird though since I’ve never lost my voice before. It doesn’t really hurt much, there is just nothing there. Odd. Thank God I don’t have a sold out show tonight at Madison Square Garden. That would blow. HA!

But, in other news I am doing a show up in my hometown. All new stand up comedy since the last show I did up there in January. I am calling this show “The Boy Ain’t Right”…which I think is hilarious! The last show I did there caused a minor ruckus over some of the things I said and some people thought I went too far. This kills me since I was defiantly holding back at times. So this show is going to be a little more no holds barred. I will just leave the car running by the back door incase I need to make a hasty exit.

Anyways…back to staring out the windows into the dark of night at 5 PM, err…I mean….back to work.

No comments: