Saturday, November 03, 2007

Blog It Out

Last night I went to see a show that Becca had done costumes for. It was at Northwestern Christian Bible College or something like that. I cannot remember the exact name of the school, but for what it’s worth it’s up in Roseville or someplace like that. I just followed the directions, I didn’t pay much attention.

Anyways…

So I am sitting in my seat waiting for the show to begin and the place just has a whole different vibe to it since it’s a born again, holy roller, praise the Lord, Baptist, sinners are gonna burn in the fires of hell, touch me Jesus, Christian type of school. Not that there is anything wrong with that…I am not judging…to each their own, I am just saying that this is what this place is. And before you say anything smartass…yes, I agree…I too am surprised that I didn’t burst into flames once I stepped onto the property. As I was sitting there I was surrounded by the school’s students in the neighboring seats. The whole section I was in was all students of the school in fact. So I read the program for a little bit and then I start looking around while waiting for the show to start and I notice that a lot of these male students are touching each other. I am looking at them thinking…wow…I never touch my male friends in that manner. They are giving each other ear massages, rubbing each other’s chests, hands on each other’s legs. It was pretty damn gay. So I am sitting there and I am thinking so this is how it all starts…this is how we get a Senator Craig or a Reverend Ted Haggard. This school can deny that any of their students could be gay all they want but…wow…they certainly are. The journey for these kids in life is going to be a long, difficult one. It was honestly weird though…it coulda been a movie “Bibleback Mountain. I was sitting in a sea of gay. No denying that.

So Becca comes along and asks if I want to move and go sit with her. Bingo! Sounds good to me. I move seats with her and we go to this huge section that is pretty much empty. We find some seats and after a few minutes some other people come along and it turns out we are in their seats. Fine…fair enough…so Becca and I move to another row. Once we are seated this woman behind us starts to complain that she can’t see now. So we move again. Then just as the lights dim and the show is about to start the woman that complained about us blocking her view gets up and moves into a different row that is further back than us. So as she walks up the aisle I am so angry that I reach over Becca and I stop the woman as she is passing us and I tell her that I am really glad that she pitched a fit and made us move only for her to move a few seconds later. I told her that as long as she is happy nothing else really matters. I don’t know what came over me but I was beyond pissed off.

Becca, of course, is sitting there in horror. As the show is starting I am still ranting like a madman and Becca looks at me and says “just blog it out later”. So there it is. Blog it out. Kind of a “let it go and blog it out” mantra.

The show was enjoyable once I calmed down and was able to relax. Becca did a great job with the costumes and it was really pretty to look at.

After the show we went to “Old Chicago” to grab a bite to eat. As I was walking in I seriously misjudged where the door was. I walked right into a giant wall size pane of dark glass. I hit it hard. Thank God I didn’t break it or even worse, walk right through it. I hit it so damn hard that I actually left a face print on the glass. There were two witnesses to the event. As I bounced off the glass and stood there trying to figure out what just happened all I saw were stars and the only things I could hear were birds chirping and these two girls gasp loudly. I turned about and looked at them and said “did you see that?” to which they nodded yes in shock. I then replied “ladies…this is apparently a wall of glass. Watch out.” and then went inside.

While I was eating my delicious cheese pizza I thought to myself “I am really glad that I am not in the ER right now.”

A long Friday night in all.

No comments: