Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Emotional Rollercoaster

Last night, after a disastrous Six Ring Circus performance, I was completely exhausted. Ugh. We sucked. I sucked. The show freakin’ sucked. It was brutal. I had a feeling that the first time out with this group would be painful so I didn’t invite anyone to the show. Sometimes it’s just better if there aren’t any witnesses. Know what I’m sayin? But, as luck would have it, my co-worker Lesli came to see another friend perform and so she got to see our set. I think the theatre still smells…we stunk that bad. Nothing clicked, nothing flowed, nothing hit. Everything fell flat in either silence or awkward titters. The team consists of nine improv performers. Seven of which were already a team and Josh and I are the two new members. It’s not that they are not welcoming or anything….they just aren’t overly friendly. It’s like being the new kid at school. It sucks. I am sure that in a few weeks it will all be fine and things will be a well oiled machine. It’s just painfully awkward right now.

Oh well…there is always next week to redeem ourselves. Say a prayer, gang.

Once I got home I checked my email and much to my shock I had an email announcing the sale of tickets for Annie Lennox. She is coming to Minneapolis. I just about fell off my chair. But, thank God I didn’t. Had I fallen, I probably would have hit my head and got a concussion and then I would have missed the concert because I would have been in the hospital fighting for my life after I slipped into a mysterious coma. Thinking about it now, that was a very close call. Someone is definitely watching out for me in the world above. I love Annie. I have been begging them at work to try and get her into a Studio C performance if she should ever tour here and now she is playing in Minneapolis. No word on the Studio C performance yet though. It’s a true long shot, but I am holding on tight to any shard of hope. So I was up all night long…laying in bed…thinking about Annie Lennox coming to Minnesota. I was beyond excited.

I finally fell asleep around 3 AM only to be woken up at 3:30 AM by a loud crash. I had my windows open since it was so nice and cool out and it sounded like something crashed right through my wall. So I looked out the window only two see these two drunken men who were confused in the alley. Finally out of their drunken desperation they must have decided to just crash through the wood fence to get out. Flippin’ idiots. After watching the whole scene unfold I flopped back into bed only to be wide awake and thinking about Annie Lennox again.

I am so tired. Hopefully I can get some sleep tonight. At least with the fence busted out the drunks will now have an escape route. Buggers.

No comments: