Thursday, August 16, 2007

tidbits

*Rihanna was in the studio yesterday and nobody told me. How angry am I? Very. I love her song “Umbrella”. Apparently that fact was lost on everyone despite the fact that I sing the song all day every day at the front desk. “You can stand under my umbrella, Brella, Brella, Eh, Eh.” It is going to be awhile for that wound to heal.

*Jennifer Hanson (an up and coming country star) came into the studio today to perform. I requested she sing “Umbrella”. She said she didn’t know it. I was disappointed. I told her to look into it because it’s gonna be a big hit. For those of you who don’t know who Jennifer is…she wrote the song “Leave the Pieces” that was released by The Wreckers. Jennifer has an album coming out very soon. She’s good…even though she doesn’t know “Umbrella”. A country version of “Umbrella” could be excellent. Can you hear me Tim and Faith? Think about it.

*I am still sick. I am going to the doctor tomorrow. I think I am dying. Everyone else thinks I am crazy. We will see who wins that bet. I need to get better as soon as possible so I can start performing again. I can’t get up on stage and cough for the whole act. Ugh.

*Work is driving me crazy. The phones just will not stop ringing today. I just look at the phone and think what would Carrie Underwood do? Then I take a deep breath and sing “Jesus take the switchboard. Take it from my hands. Cause I can't do this on my own. I'm letting go. So give me one more chance. To save me from this caller that’s on hold. Jesus take the switchboard.”

*I still laugh every time I think about the youtube video of Faith Hill yelling at that crazy fan that grabbed Tim’s package during the concert. I love the fact that Faith never breaks the rhythm of the song when yelling at the woman and then jumps right back into the song with a hearty “Here we go…”. It’s awesome. Check it out. I want it on DVD.

*Tonight I am going to watch the re-run of “Last Comic Standing”. I hope it’s good. I missed it last night because of Paula’s birthday dinner. I did end up watching re-runs of “Flipping Out”. That show rocks. I love it. They are all beyond insane. Much better than the disappointment of “Hey Paula”. That show was just plain bad. But, I did like her hissy fit over having to wear her tight jeans on the airplane.

*At dinner last night Paula took my side over the whole Thai food ordeal from New York City. Becca still thinks it’s ok because I said “it’s fine” three times. Paula said that she simply knows better than to even offer Thai food as a suggestion to begin with. She then said that she knows I wouldn’t even want to watch people eat Thai food. Paula knows me so well. I “heart” Paula.

*Alisha, one of the bright spots at work, just told me that Friday is going to be her last day. I hate this. But, she wants to be a nurse. Good for her. Maybe she can help figure out why I keep coughing. Seriously I am sick. I will miss Alisha though.

*I’m hungry. No shocker there though. I am always hungry.

*On CNN they are running the story of a teacher kidnapping a student for sex. I was not that lucky in school. Dammit. And on that note…I am going home.

No comments: