Monday, July 23, 2007

Day 1 – New York City. Friday, July 6th, 2007





There is something about New York City that makes me really aggressive. I don’t know what it is. Maybe it’s the stress? Maybe it’s the noise? Maybe it’s the energy? I have no idea. I step off the plane and I just feel different. Usually the people don’t bother me at all, but…I do get really tired of the constant in your face pushy behavior of some of the locals there. I am glad to say we escaped the airport terminal without any incidents…although it came close with some of the car drivers. There was a couple of close calls with a guy that would just not take no for an answer. It almost ended in a smack down.

New York City is a riot though. I love that place. There is simply no other city in the world like it. By far, NYC is one of the greatest city’s in the world. We dropped our stuff off at the hotel and then hit Times Square. The people…the people…the people…a sea of moving people. It is like the jellyfish scene in “Finding Nemo” when Dory and Marlin have to swim through the thousands of jellyfish. Just no easy way to get through the crowd. We went to my favorite store of all time…the Virgin Megastore. Music, movies, books. In a word….AWESOME. I could spend days in that store and be thrilled beyond the moon. No lie. Then we stopped at some other stores…one of the best being M&M World. When I imagine Heaven I imagine M&M World. I am not even joking. Sad but true. I broke a snow globe in the store. How was I supposed to know it wasn’t glued to the base? Stupid snow globe. Water and glass everywhere. After that we made a quick exit from M&M World. The rest of the day was spent shopping, wandering around, eating and hanging out and seeing the movie “Transformers”. Awesome flick…go see it.

Back at the hotel I was absolutely beat. I didn’t get any sleep though. Becca and Tyler could easily enter a snoring contest and become the world champs. A sign of things to come.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you forgot about that crazy dog at the baggage claim......